Hansar Bangkok is a unique 5 stars boutique hotel in the heart of Bangkok. Hansar’s objective is to provide for an “authentic and unpretentious luxury experiences in an intimate environment where your privacy is achieved through our boutique size.” The hotel offers 94 rooms which are very spacious, and the rooms are the epitome of modern luxury. We had two opportunities to stay at the Hansar while in Thailand. We will be reviewing our experience staying at the urban room and the studio.
- Central location and step away from most activities.
- The rooms are spacious, luxurious and homey at the same time.
- The service is excellent and the staff really tries their best to get you everything you would need.
- Unlimited free snacks and minibar in the room.
- Fresh fruit plate every day.
- The bathroom is gorgeous and I would love to have a bathroom like that one day.
- Breakfast is mostly made to order and is locally sourced.
- Free Wifi everywhere in the hotel.
- Intimate feel in an international style hotel.
- There wasn’t a negative aspect that I could think of for this hotel.
Final Hotel Assessment:
For our hotel’s reviews, we will provide ratings based on the following criteria:
1 (Terrible) to 5 (Excellent)
Overall Rating: 5
- Cleanliness: 5 – The room and the public spaces were spotless.
- Reviews of hotels from various sources (i.e. Trip Advisors, Bookings.com, and Expedia.com) are accurately reflecting the current condition of the accommodation: 5 – The reviews are spot on to the quality of the hotel experience. Hansar is ranked 15 out of 815 hotels out of Bangkok on Tripadvisor.
- Hotel room descriptions are the same as the booking information: 5 – The rooms actually look better in person than in the photos. We were impressed by the size of the rooms which were larger than majority of the ones we’ve been in around the world.
- We had the opportunity to stay in both the Studio and Urban Suite while we were in Thailand. Both exceeded our expectations. For longer stay, I would recommend the studio suite as it comes with a washing machine. The other suites do not and hotel laundry can add up very quickly. Additionally, studio suite has a balcony which is a nice touch.
- The urban suite has a separate bedroom, bathroom and living room. The studio suite has a kitchenette/office, bedroom/sitting area and bathroom.
- Each suite has a pillow menu where you can indicate what type of pillow you would like (i.e. soft, hard, breathable, etc).
The official photos:
Some of the public spaces:
La Vie Partagee photos:
- Check in Process: 5 – Check in was relaxing. Since the hotel only has 94 rooms, the check in process was very personal. Guests are escorted to the second floor and served refreshments while checking in. The second floor also houses a comfortable business center and meeting area.
- Staff’s ability to speak English: 4 – Most of the staff speak fluent English. We had no issue with the language barrier.
- Food/Beverage Service: 5 – The hotel goes out of its way to make the stay as hospitable as possible. The room is stock with a variety of snacks and drinks in the mini bar. A fresh fruit and desert plate is left in the sitting room every day. Breakfast was also great as guests have an option of a limited buffet stock with smoke salmon, congee, fruits, etc. The main dishes are served a la carte and are locally sourced. We had a fun time sampling everything and most were delicious. They attempted to serve bagel with salmon and cheese and that was a miss.
- I was very impressed that the hotel packed us to go breakfast since our flight was early in the morning and breakfast would not be available at time.
- Issue resolution from management: N/A – We had no issue when we stayed at the resort.
- Customer Service: 5 – I was very impressed with the staff at Hansar. The hotel manager would come and greet all the guest individually at breakfast and ask how we were doing. Once they found out that we had an early flight and would miss breakfast, the staff put together a goodie bag for us to take to the airport. We generally enjoy the personal service that is still discrete. No one bothers you unless you want to be bothered.
- Spa: N/A – We did not use the spa during our stay.
- Amenities: 4 – We spent at least an hour in the late afternoon everyday cooling off by the pool. The reflecting sun hits all the colorful building surrounding the pool and cast a wonderful glow over the entire pool. The gym appears to be sufficient though we didn’t actually exercise while we were there.
- The hotel is located right by the Ratchadamri BTS station which is very convenient to get around Bangkok.
- The hotel is right by Erawan Shrine and Bangkok’s famous shopping malls.
For more travel articles, visit TRAVEL page
Author: Chau Hoang
Feature photo: Hansar Bangkok
Hi there! Such a wonderful write-up, thank you!